Sunday, May 15, 2011
Don't Wait
I recently discovered this awesome new song by one of my favorite bands- Addison Road. It's called "Don't Wait" and I really feel it applies to everybody, especially us seniors as we are so close to graduation and so near to a completely new chapter in our lives. I think as young people, we often think we are indestructible and no harm can come to us. As we can see, this is not true. We have lost several students over the years at Osos, some even younger than us. Some of the main lyrics in the song are "We're not indestructible, our lives are unpredictable, it can turn on a dime, so now is the time, don't wait, gotta live today." The fact of the matter is, life is short. We are all headed for one of the best summer of our lives and into college. It is time to experience new things and live out your life to the fullest- there is no guarantee of tomorrow. So I encourage you all- try riding that roller coaster you've always been scared of, talk to that person you always thought you wouldn't like, eat that food you always thought was disgusting looking but also intriguing. I hope everyone has a wonderful summer and wish everyone the best of luck in college. Congratulations on surviving high school and remember- Don't Wait! -Dorothy Z.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really like the lyrics that you put in your post. They really do apply to a majority of people, and i totally agree that live is to short. Thank you for reminding everyone of that. :)
ReplyDelete-Allaura
Haha I agree that we should all take a chance and try new things because one might regret not doing something they thought of doing or trying....and yes life is shirt and oh never know what might trigger it the wrong way so live it up
ReplyDeleteDanny D
This was really inspirational, and that is exactly what we all need so close to graduation. Thank you for that. That song is a really good song too.
ReplyDelete-Keana
Dorothy, this is very inspirational! I searched for that song online, and I like the lyrics very much. Good luck to you in college too!
ReplyDeleteChloe K.
amazing lyrics dorothy! it really motivates me. this song just tells me that i gotta do my best even after i graduate high school. life is short and i have too many things to do. - Matt Lee
ReplyDelete