In addition to that, physical changes Alice experiences throughout the journey indicate changes in real life. People always change because the world they live in changes rapidly. New technology, ideology and relationship with other people are all symbolized in the story through not only physical changes Alice experiences, but fantasies such as talking animal and different environments.
In our lives, we face dangers and obstacles. In the story, the author tells us to challenge them. We should not stay where we are, but keep moving forward. Even though there are some risks for it, we will achieve and accomplish more than ever.
Wow, I never really thought of Alice this way. I mean I did, but not exactly like you did. This makes the book make a lot more sense, like all the weird crap that was going on all the time for apparently no reason. Lewis Caroll was such a neat guy to write this for a little girl, I mean he wrote this crazy story with this "background story" of life and its coming difficulties. I wish someone made a crazy story like this called "Danny in lala land" :D
ReplyDeleteDaniel Hawkins
Often times, we forget where our archetypal influences come from. In this case, the Alice archetypal story line seems to influence a lot of stories, and it seems to mimic our daily life. As Matt said, our environment is always changing, much like the environment in Alice. Also, as human beings, we undergo pain and struggle, and put ourselves through dangers like Alice. It's all part of our journey from life to death and our learning experiences. I definitely agree with you on this one Matt.
ReplyDelete-Nick B.
That's great insight. The world around us today really is changing constantly and it is important that we adapt to our surroundings
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments guys ! i wrote this long time ago and finally get to see the comments today! im glad you guys are connecting with me. i hope to see you guys more often before we go to colleges because i will miss you guys :)
ReplyDelete